Dental care is essential to your health. We are continuing to protect and support your family and ours. We are equipped to provide ALL dental hygiene services safely to our existing and new clients.
- There will be a phone or email health assessment to screen our clients for risk factors and illness before they are placed in the schedule.
- You will be asked to wait in your car until we text or wave you in for your appt.
- You will be asked to bring and wear a mask inside the clinic. If you do not have one one will be provided. (Until in the treatment room of course 😉 Dental offices are considered health care environments not public places and therefore we will continue with masking in common areas until further notice per our governing bodies recommendations.
- Appointments will be spaced by a minimum of 30 mins to eliminate contact from client to client. With the exception of family units who share a household. (That means we will be seeing fewer clients so be patient with us:))
- Each client will be asked to perform hand hygiene (hand sanitizer or handwashing) prior to care being provided.
- Your treatment room is closed during your visit.
- Jen your Registered Dental Hygienist will have a new look:) She will be wearing a gown, N95 respirator, and a shield when she is providing your care.
- We are using high volume evacuation in the operatory during procedures that create aerosols that to drastically reduce air contamination.
- We have installed an air purification system that has triple filtration and UVC light that has been proven to reduce contaminants including viruses by more than 99% Beyond by Aerus
- Our common areas and high touch surfaces are being sanitized between clients
In our field we always use and wear proper personal protective equipment in gloves, masks eye protection and uniforms. We have added to that PPE to protect us and you.
- we are a small cozy practice. We will only ever have one to two practitioners working at a time. This limits risks and contact between our clients.
- we have always had hands-free faucets and soap dispensers for dedicated handwashing
- We do not have dental fillings or surgical procedures taking place in the office this limits aerosol production which in turn limits risk. A big benefit of being an independent hygiene practice or dental hygiene only.
- At Embrace Dental Hygiene we chose and use OPTIM33 one of the most effective and safest disinfecting agents to clean and disinfect our rooms and surfaces. Each room and surface is wiped and cleaned after each client visit. OPTIM33 is proven effective against viruses and bacteria nastier than COVID19.
- Instrument maintenance is completed at the highest standard. Our instruments are cleaned and dried prior to sterilization in a sealed hydrim after each use. This eliminates scrubbing and other instrument processing techniques that create dangerous aerosols. We use an autoclave to sterilize our instruments. Biological and chemical indicators are used that demonstrate and ensure that sterilization has taken place.
- Our sterile instruments are stored in closed cupboards and in sealed protective cassettes and pouches to prevent contamination.
- Our equipment is maintained and tested regularly to ensure optimal functioning.
There is much more but these are standards that will go forward after this crisis.