1. Do I need a referral? Everyone is welcome. No referral needed.
2. Do you accept benefits? YES we are able to submit claims electronically on your behalf to most insurance companies.
3. How is Embrace Dental Hygiene different from a dental practice? Jen the owner/operator is an independent Registered Dental Hygienist. You now have the opportunity to receive your preventative dental care outside of a traditional “dental” practice with a holistic approach.
4. Do I still need to see my dentist? YES. We still recommend that you see your dentist regularly.
5. Do you take radiographs (xrays)? No. At this time it is not within the dental hygienists’ scope of practice to take radiographs.
6.Do you direct bill to insurance companies? No this is a non-assignment office. Payment is taken on the day it is provided and your insurance provider reimburses you.
What is a dental hygienist?
Dental hygienists are primary oral health care professionals who provide clinical assessments and therapy, oral health education, and offer health promotion strategies to people of all ages. Dental hygienists practise in a variety of settings, including public health, dental hygiene practice, dental offices, hospitals, long-term care facilities, educational institutions, and in dental industry. Many dental hygienists also conduct or participate in research studies to expand the scientific basis of dental hygiene practice.
What do dental hygienists do?
Dental hygienists provide individualized, systematic oral health care. They:
- Examine the mouth, oral tissues, head, and neck to identify strengths, needs, and concerns related to your oral health
- Formulate a dental hygiene diagnosis
- Work collaboratively with you to develop goals and plan the appropriate care to meet your oral health needs
- Perform preventive and therapeutic procedures, such as periodontal therapy (removing calculus and plaque from your teeth), take radiographs (x-rays), apply fluoride to prevent tooth decay, and provide support for healthy lifestyle choices in the form of smoking cessation strategies, nutritional counselling, and oral cancer screening.
- Evaluate your progress in achieving optimal oral health