We take benefits and social assistance programs like Healthy Smiles.
Did you know that your children may be eligible to have their preventative dental care paid for?
Healthy Smiles Ontario is a government-funded dental program that provides free preventive, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 years old and under from low-income households.
The program includes regular visits to a licensed dental provider and covers the costs of treatment including:
- urgent or emergency dental care
- Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening and braces, are not covered by the program.
Who is eligible
Your household is automatically enrolled in the program if you or your child receives benefits through:
- Ontario Works
- Temporary Care Assistance
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
Children are eligible for the program if they:
- Are 17 years of age and under
- live in Ontario
- come from a household with an income equal to or less than the levels in the table below
Income eligibility requirements: Number of dependent children in your household Family net income
- 1 child $22,070 or lower
- 2 child $23, 740 or lower
- 3 children $25,410 or lower
- 4 children $27,080 or lower
- 5 children $28, 750 or lower
- 6 children $30,420 or lower
- 7 children $32,090 or lower
- 8 children $33,760 or lower
- 9 children $35,430 or lower
- 10 or more children Add $1,670 for each additional dependent child to determine the income level at which your family would qualify for Healthy Smiles Ontario.
How to enrol
You can enrol in the program online or by mail.
Once your child’s enrolment is confirmed, you will get a Healthy Smiles Ontario dental card in the mail. You must present your card to your dental provider at each visit to receive services under the program.
Before you begin the online application, you need:
- your child(ren)’s date(s) of birth
- a valid Ontario address
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Temporary Taxation Number (TTN)
- to have filed your taxes in the previous year
- Be ready to print
- Once you submit the online application, you’ll need to print, sign and mail a Consent Form, within 30 days to:
Healthy Smiles Ontario
33 King Street West
PO Box 645
Oshawa ON L1H 8X1